Monday, February 11, 2008

Relaxed

We had a gorgeous ride on Saturday, the day was AMAZINGLY beautiful with bright sunny skies, crystal clear visibility, little wind, and LOTS of miles to ride. We misjudged the distance and rode at least 90 kilometers. I've posted a pic of the cycle team on the blog here. Our friend Sutay cut his day short about half-way through, and Elke and I are still giggling over leaving the boy in the dust....Today I am relaxed and thinking about laying down some more (that might also have to do with the fact I can barely sit on a chair, my rear is so bruised from the bike saddle!) Today we're socked in with fog that is thick as pea soup and it's cold. So all the stars must have been in alignment for us Saturday.

Yesterday I took a big step and ordered a pizza from the local pizza parlor to be delivered to my house -- all in German! I've been terrified of making phone calls in German b/c people might ask me questions I can't understand. But the pie arrived, was delicious, and I'm feeling very worldly today. :-)

Well, other than number crunching, paper writing, and buying two train tickets, two subway tickets, a plane ticket, a bus ticket, and a couple hotel reservations (all for my trip next week to NYC), it's been a quiet day! I just found out I was invited to present research at a conference in Mannheim, Germany, next month, and will be taking a night train with a sleeper car as part of that trip. I've never done that, but it looked so fun when Rosemary Clooney and Vera Allen did it in "White Christmas" that I had to try.

Hope all y'all's weekend was lovely too, M.

10 comments:

MaddMedic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaddMedic said...

Ok screwed up the first one.
Glad you kept the wheels underneath you!! Thats always best. I know from taking care of more then a few bicyclists that falling off hurts!!
PIZZA!! Sounds good, but I work until 7pm and then I am going to go watch Nate and his team in a Dodgeball Tournament.
Maybe I should take my partner and ambulance with me??? It is Nate and he tends to get those long legs and big feet tangled up!!!

Unknown said...

Hi there, Michelle!

Now that I know about your blog, I can keep up with all of your adventures. Good to know you are keeping well ahead of the millenial generation!

Chris Russell, West Des Moines

donaldril60 said...

It is so lucky to read your blog,it is full of useful message.I wish we both can do better in the future. It great honour if you can visit our website,and give us some suggession.
hotel in Rostock

Dorothy Hodges said...

The site is very useful, especially for those who intend to study the blog. But if for people who are interested in the other stuff, this website must not be useless.

hotels Rostock

Dorothy Hodges said...

This was a great article that really was really helpful to me and I really cant wait to learn more from your valuable experience. This was really very interesting to me. Thanks.

hotels in Rostock

grinstead91 said...

We appreciate you actually being simply accommodating as well as for picking out this form of fantastic useful guides most people are really wanting to be informed on. Our own honest regret for not expressing gratitude to you earlier.

hotels Rostock

grinstead91 said...

We appreciate you actually being simply accommodating as well as for picking out this form of fantastic useful guides most people are really wanting to be informed on. Our own honest regret for not expressing gratitude to you earlier.

hotels Rostock

grinstead91 said...

You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your
success is very much an inspiration for me.

hotels Rostock

grinstead91 said...

Yeah that is really fantastic and exciting to read your dwI hope you never stop! This is one of the best blogs Ive ever read. Youve got some mad skill here, man. I just hope that you dont lose your style because youre definitely one of the coolest bloggers out there. Please keep it up because the internet needs someone like you spreading the word. Thank you.

hotels in rostock