Monday, March 3, 2008

Willkommen Home

I landed in Hamburg yesterday and am safely home in Rostock. After sleeping 14 hours, unpacking, jogging, and scraping the fuzzies off my teeth, I'm also at work. My friend Elke was happy to see me due to scary weather patterns yesterday. Apparently, during the high wind storms through which I slept most of yesterday, 15 people were killed by falling trees in Germany, and a plane tried to land in Hamburg but could not settle down on the tarmac after touching down, due to wind, and had to take off again. Thankfully I was blissfully unaware of all of this. I do remember waking occasionally during my long sleep and hearing the wind howl outside and thinking drowsily "whoah...it's windy" "snzzzzzz"

Now that I've passed the half-way mark on my time in Rostock I realized with mounting anxiety all the research I have yet to cram in during the remainder of my stay. I have had some moments of hyperventiliation this morning, but apparently that hasn't stopped me from blogging! Of course, I just wanted to let you all know of my safe return. Now I've got to get back at it. As my sister reminded me on the phone yesterday "there's no rest for the wicked...so what does that say about you, Michelle?"

No comments: